Teach For Canada recruits teachers for full-time classroom positions in a First Nation in Northern Ontario and Manitoba. Applications are now closed and will re-open for the 2020/2021 school year in fall 2019.
Generally, applicants complete the following in a Teach For Canada application to see if they are the right fit to teach in the North:
- Qualifications: Confirm teacher certification in Canada, working status, SEP participation, and availability to relocate
- Basics: Add contact details, languages, and where you heard about Teach For Canada
- Teaching: Detail teaching certification, qualifications, and trainings
- Resume: Attach a resume and additional comments
- Written response: Reflect on what motivated you to teach in a northern First Nation
- Optional survey: Share information to help us improve our process
Questions about applying? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“If every teacher had the opportunity to come and experience teaching in the North they should. Because you learn a lot about the way children learn, you learn about yourself the kind of teacher that you are, and you learn how to be flexible how to appreciate what’s around you.”
– Angela Fiorletta, Reading Intervention Teacher, North Spirit Lake First Nation