Teach For Canada is recruiting teachers for full-time classroom positions in a First Nation in northern Ontario. Successful candidates will start teaching in September 2018.
We encourage you to complete your application by our first deadline, February 4th, 2018. Generally, applicants complete the following in a Teach For Canada application to see if they are the right fit to teach in the North:
- Qualifications: Confirm teacher certification in Canada, working status, SEP participation, and availability to relocate
- Basics: Add contact details, languages, and partner information
- Teaching: Detail teaching certification, qualifications, and trainings
- Resume: Attach a resume and additional comments
- Approach: Reflect on how you fit with the seven Teacher Selection Criteria.
Register for an upcoming learning event to learn more about your fit with a northern First Nation
“I encourage other Indigenous teachers to also apply to Teach For Canada because we need you a lot up here; you bring so much of your history, so much of your stories that you develop in your own territory. This isn’t my territory but I respect it because this is my family, these are my brothers and sisters, I cherish them just as much as I would in my own home territory.”
Lac Seul First Nation, Grade 3/4 (2015-2017)