Teach For Canada recruits teachers for full-time classroom positions in a First Nation in Northern Ontario and Manitoba. Applications are now open to teach in Fall 2023.
Interested in applying to teach in the North? We encourage you to submit your application if you:
- are certified to teach or are certification-eligible in a Canadian province or territory
- have working status in Canada for the minimum two-year teaching commitment
- are able to relocate to a northern First Nation in Ontario or Manitoba
- are available to attend the Summer Enrichment Program (expenses covered by Teach For Canada)
If you fulfill these requirements, we would love to learn more about you. As an applicant, you will be asked to answer a series of questions that outline your qualifications and work history, confirm your availability for the Summer Enrichment Program, and reflect upon your motivation to teach in a northern First Nation. You will also be asked to upload your resume.
Questions about applying to teach in the North?
Read our FAQ to learn more or email email@example.com for more information.
“If every teacher had the opportunity to come and experience teaching in the North they should. Because you learn a lot about the way children learn, you learn about yourself the kind of teacher that you are, and you learn how to be flexible how to appreciate what’s around you.”
– Angela Fiorletta, Reading Intervention Teacher, North Spirit Lake First Nation